Sunday 23 October 2016

Candy Cane Lane cracker top box

Hi everyone
I hope you are all well. I've had a hectic week at work...yesterday was my 1st chance to craft in a week!!
I don't know about you all but I get withdrawal symptoms hahaha.

This project I'm sharing with you all today is something I've seen a few people on facebook and youtube do, I loved it and so thought I'd give it a try.
I'm so pleased with how it turned out, I hope you guys like it too.


For this project I used:

Real Red cardstock measuring 12 x 12" and another piece at 2 x 4"
Candy Cane Lane DSP 4 pieces measuring 6 1/8 x 2 5/8" and 4 pieces measuring 1 1/2 x 2 5/8"
Scrap of Whisper White cardstock measuring 3 x 1 3/4"
Natural trim ribbon
Cookie cutter christmas stamp set
Cookie cutter punch
Tin of tags stamp set
Scalloped tag punch
Envelope punch board
Metallic enamel shapes
Real red ink pad
Crumb cake ink pad
Early espresso ink pad

1. On one side of the 12 x 12 cardstock...score at 2 7/8, 5 3/4, 8 5/8, 11 1/2" then rotate the card 90 degrees and score at 2 7/8". Rotate the card 180 degrees and score at 1 3/4, 2 1/4 and 2 3/4"
2. cut away thin rectangle and punch on the score lines (as pic below) line your card in the envelope punch board at 2 1/4" with every punch you need to do.

3. Attach your panels of DSP and then when burnishing the 3 little score lines at the top where you have punched. Remember that they need to be folded as follows...starting with the top one..towards you, 2nd away from you and 3rd towards you.
4. Apply adhesive of choice on the thin skinny strip and construct as you would any other box.
5. Make your tag using the little pieces of card and scalloped tag punch then thread the ribbon through and tie around the box as desired.

Hope you all like this project and I look forward to seeing some of you rcreations.
If anyone would like a FREE catalogue...drop me a message and I'll happily post one out to you.

Happy crafting and I'll catch ya later.
Steffi xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment