Friday 28 October 2016

Christmas countdown using Candy Cane Lane DSP

Hi everyone
I hope you are all enjoying your Friday! Start of the weekend for most of you I would imagine....not for me through, I've got a full weekend at work to look forward to haha.

It's only 60 sleeps until Santa comes!! Wow where has the time gone?? I love everything about Christmas and this project reflects that.
I'm super excited to how it's turned out....I LOVE IT! hope you all do to.


I've wanted to do this project for a couple of weeks now and finally today I made time to do it.
Here is a list of the products I used:

Candy cane lane DSP
Whisper white cardstock
Early espresso cardstock
Real red ink pad
Red foil sheets
Number of years stamp set
Bow builder punch
Starlight thinlets dies
Tombow
Diamensionals
Iced rhinestones ( from the clearance rack...if there's any left)

To make the bottom box you will need to:
2 pieces of whisper white cardstock measuring 9 1/2 x 5 3/4"(one for the bottom and one for the lid), cut a smidge off two sides of one of the pieces (making sure that the two sides you trim share the same corner)
score all sides at 1" then fold and burnish and assemble how you would any other box. You will need 1 piece of DSP measuring 7 1/4 x 3 1/2" for the top of the box and 1 piece measuring 7 1/4 x 3/4" and 2 pieces measuring 3 1/2 x 3/4"


To make the cubes you will need to:
2 pieces of whisper white cardstock measuring 8 1/4 x 11 1/2". Score on the long side at 2 3/3, 5 1/2, 8 1/4 and 11". score on the short side at 2 3/4 and 5 1/2". Cut as per picture below.



You will need 12 pieces of cardstock measuring 2 5/8 x 2 5/8" and 12 pieces of DSP measuring 2 1/2 x 2 1/2" to decorate the sides.

For the tree part I used the back board from a pack of my DSP and just covered it and cut it to size, I think the thick whisper white cardstock would work just as well.

Hope you all love this project as much as I do. I had so much fun making it.

Happy crafting and catch ya all later.
Steffi xxxx

3 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!! This is fab Steph. You really have come up with a little cracker there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann I'm so over the moon that it actually turned out how I saw it in my head lol xxx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete